Although you can find magnesium in common foods like vegetables, nuts, or beans, many people have issues with magnesium deficiency and do not consume it enough through their regular diet. This is something that the best magnesium supplements can resolve and restore the balance of this mineral in your body.
Magnesium is one of the most important minerals for bone development, production of energy, and overall health of muscles, brain, and heart. Needless to say, it is essential for our general well-being and functionality.
The supplements offer you a variety of benefits. With this product, you will get more rest from your sleep, get rid of muscle cramps and constipation problems. In order to help you choose the best magnesium supplements in UK, we have put together a list of best-reviewed products, among which you will surely find the one that will suit you.
List of Best Magnesium Supplements in UK
1. Nutravita Super Strength Magnesium
Nutravita’s magnesium supplement comes in bottles with 180 vegan capsules. This formula is highly potent and absorbs into your organism fast and efficiently. It is a product suitable for men and women and for vegans and vegetarians.
The recommended dosage for this supplement is 2 capsules daily. It is enough to facilitate normal muscle and nerve functions necessary for our overall health and well-being. It is also crucial for the maintenance of your bones and teeth, and knowing that roughly 60% of magnesium in our body is stored there, is a matter of great importance.
A lot of magnesium is lost when we sweat, so this product is especially useful for athletes, runners, or people that enjoy recreational sports. It reduces tiredness, fatigue and helps in generating normal energy levels.
The product is GMO-free and contains no artificial colours and flavours. Capsules are easy to swallow with a full glass of water, and you can expect results within just ten days of use.
2. Zipvit Magnesium
Zipvit’s magnesium offers you exceptional value for the money. It comes in bottles containing 90 vegan easy-to-swallow tablets. Every tablet will provide you with 500 mg of magnesium that will largely benefit your health and ease your daily routine.
This product will balance your electrolytes and stimulate normal muscle and brain functions throughout the day. The nervous system benefits from magnesium, and this supplement is an exceptional way to complement your diet.
Zipvit’s magnesium supports an active and busy lifestyle with its energy boost that you will likely feel within only a couple of days.
It is a great product that reduces tiredness and fatigue and improves the quality of sleep. This supplement provides you with 133% NRV, and it is GMO and allergen-free, making it safe and efficient for use.
3. Lindens Magnesium Tablets
This potent magnesium supplement comes in a pack that contains 90 tablets. Each tablet holds 500 mg magnesium oxide, providing 300 mg of magnesium (80% NRV). Excellent for health and well-being maintenance.
It is recommended to consume one tablet each day for the best results. This supplement combats fatigue and tiredness with ease, and it is highly valuable for athletes and everyone who leads an active lifestyle.
Lindens magnesium brings electrolytes in balance and reduces muscle cramps. It is also highly beneficial for your bones and teeth health, and it assists your body in making use of vitamin D and calcium in your organism.
The product is gluten and allergen-free and suitable for both vegetarians and vegans. It provides you with excellent value for a more than an affordable price.
4. Iggenus Healthcare Nutrition Triple Magnesium Complex
This supplement uses a special formula that boosts the amount of magnesium delivered to your body. It comes in a bottle containing 90 capsules that are free of gluten, dairy, lactose, soy, and yeast.
The fully reacted magnesium formula this product has increases absorption potential. It provides you with a variety of benefits, such as better muscle function and normal energy release. Triple Magnesium Complex balances electrolytes in your body and improves nervous system functions.
The recommended dosage for adults is 3 capsules daily, and it is preferable to take it with your regular meals. The best way to do it is to take one in the morning, one afternoon, and one in the evening. Do not exceed this dosage unless your healthcare provider advises you so.
5. Natures Aid Calcium Magnesium and D3
Although this product resembles a multivitamin, its accent is on magnesium, calcium, and vitamin D3 absorption. Natures Aid Calcium Magnesium and D3 come in the bottle of 90 easy-to-swallow tablets.
You only require two tablets for daily consumption (preferably with food), which will balance electrolytes in your organism, stimulate normal muscle and brain functions, and maintain your bones and teeth. It reduces tiredness, fatigue and improves your sleep and energy levels.
The product complements your diet and contributes to your daily magnesium, calcium, and D3 intake. It is also suitable for vegans and vegetarians since it is manufactured from lichen, which is a vegan-friendly source.
6. Best Immune Natural Magnesium Glycinate
Magnesium Glycinate contains 100, 500 mg vegetarian capsules that are highly bioavailable and offer you excellent absorption. The digestive impact of this product is light, so it will not upset your stomach and will offer you numerous health benefits.
The product is free of lactose, gluten, sugar, GMO, yeast, dairy, and lactose. It is full of beneficial ingredients that enable you to have an active and busy life without worrying about sufficient nutrients.
Magnesium Glycinate helps maintenance of healthy bones, teeth, and muscle contraction. It is an excellent choice for athletes since it improves their performance and/or recovery.
This supplement has a calming effect and improves your sleep time. It is also highly beneficial for energy levels and critical for normal functions of your immune and nervous system.
7. MagEnhance Magnesium Supplement
This non-GMO product is free of sugar, dairy, and gluten. It comes packed with 90 vegetarian capsules that provide you with triple magnesium strength. The product contains magnesium glycinate and magnesium taurate, making it a complete Magnesium complex.
MagEnhance has a very low chance of side effects, and it absorbs easily into your organism. It was developed with great attention to detail by MIT scientists.
It provides you with various health benefits such as normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal protein synthesis, normal cognitive and muscle functions. It maintains your bones and teeth and plays a big role in cell division.
The recommended dosage is two capsules daily, but you should consult your healthcare provider before using it. With this dosage, a single bottle can last you approx 45 days, which is excellent value for the price.
8. Fullnesium Advanced Magnesium Supplement
Fullnesium is a supplement containing a mixture of five different types of magnesium – magnesium bisglycinate, magnesium oxide, magnesium citrate, magnesium malate, and magnesium taurate. You get a pack of 180 non-GMO, gluten-free capsules that are vegan-approved.
This powerful magnesium blend provides you with sufficient nutrients for the healthy functioning of your body and brain functions. It is suitable for adults, and the recommended dosage is two capsules daily.
Fullnesium improves your muscle and psychological functions, reduces fatigue and tiredness, and helps with sleep. The formula is highly absorbent and bioavailable that supports any lifestyle or diet.
9. NATURELO Magnesium Glycinate Supplement
This plant-based product is rich in ingredients that hold high levels of natural magnesium. Organic seeds, spinach, swiss chard, okra, black bean, pumpkin seed, and many more contribute to the high nutrient value of this supplement.
The pack contains 120 vegan capsules, and each holds 200 mg of magnesium. It contains amino acid glycine that improves bioavailability and absorption. The product is heavily cushioned on Oxide, making it easier on your stomach and digestive system.
It is designed to diminish muscle cramps, restless legs, and any type of muscle tension you might experience. Naturelo magnesium glycinate helps you relax, removes stress, and enables easy sleep, resulting in high energy levels.
This supplement is non-GMO and free of dairy, gluten, and soy. It does not contain artificial coloring, flavoring, or preservatives of any type.
10. Novomins Magnesium Gummies
Unlike other magnesium supplements, Novomins offers you delicious gummies that have a raspberry taste. The bottle contains 60 flavored gummy bears that are non-GMO and free of artificial colors, preservatives, and gluten.
Each gummy bear contains 800 mg of magnesium citrate, which will provide you with 120 mg of magnesium per dose. The formula is highly absorbable, and supports normal body functions, and reduces fatigue and exhaustion.
This supplement is suitable for kids and adult men and women. It is highly beneficial during demanding exercises since it helps with normal muscle, nervous system, and psychological functions.
Novomins magnesium gummies are an excellent choice for anyone that has problems swallowing bulky magnesium tablets and capsules.
When purchasing magnesium supplements, it is important to remember that they have qualities and flaws like all other supplements. There are also different types you can choose from and their dose limitations.
To help you make a more educated choice, we have assembled a brief buying guide you should read before spending any money to ensure you get the best possible product available in Britain.
There are different forms of magnesium, and each holds various benefits for your health. For example, some can help you get more quality sleep, while others can help athletes balance the electrolytes in their organism.
Different forms vary in their absorption as well, while some can treat symptoms like constipation or constant headaches. There is a total of 6 forms of magnesium – magnesium glycinate, magnesium citrate, magnesium chloride, magnesium sulfate, magnesium oxide, and magnesium malate.
The dosage of magnesium is one of the most important factors you should be having in your mind. The amount of the product also directly affects the price you are paying, so make sure to check how many tablets, capsules, or gummies you are getting.
For example, if your daily dosage is one unit per day, a bottle of 120 units will serve you for more than three months. Make sure to consult with your healthcare provider to ensure you do not exceed the dose.
The structure of any supplement is essential for your overall health and well-being. You should avoid products that have artificial colors and contain GMOs, extra sugar, gluten, dairy, soy, or any other unnecessary ingredients.
Make sure to get the supplements from trusted companies. Purchasing magnesium supplements from the off-brand company can result in unnecessary health issues.
It is also important that the magnesium you are purchasing is tested by third-party labs. Third-party testing signifies that the product is ready for safe use.
The price is, of course, one of the essential factors. When purchasing magnesium supplements, ensure that it will provide you with a few months of supply to get the best value for the money you are paying.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are magnesium supplements important?
These supplements are important because often, we cannot get the appropriate magnesium intake through food and a regular diet, so we need added nutrition. In addition, magnesium supplements provide you with that and balance vitamin levels in your organism.
How much daily magnesium supplement intake do I need daily?
Typically it is recommended for adults to take around 400 mg of magnesium daily. However, you should read the manufacturer’s instructions before any use and consult with your medical expert to ensure you do not exceed the dose.
Can magnesium supplements be used during pregnancy?
Of course, but only appropriate dosages that healthcare givers recommend you. Many medical studies have confirmed that magnesium use throughout pregnancy can give positive results, but it needs to be supervised by a medical expert.
Are there any side effects of magnesium supplements?
As is the case with most supplements, as many benefits they can give you, there are also several side effects they can cause. Typically side effects happen with inappropriate dosage, and they include confusion, nausea, breathing issues, irregular heartbeat, and stomach ache.
Which ingredients should I avoid in magnesium supplements?
Avoid artificially coloured products and the ones that contain GMOs, gluten, dairy, yeast, added sugar, soy, and lactose.
What are the best natural sources of magnesium?
The best natural sources of magnesium come in the form of foods. Some of the best include pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, almonds, peanuts, spinach, black beans, potatoes, rice, bananas, avocados, mangos, and many more.
What are the biggest benefits of magnesium supplements?
Magnesium supplements offer numerous benefits to your health and well-being. They contribute to a higher quality of sleep and defend you against conditions such as high blood pressure, heart diseases, type two diabetes, osteoporosis, and migraines.
Magnesium is connected to various bodily processes that are essential for our health. It helps us manage our stress levels, get enough sleep, stimulate muscle growth, and balances electrolytes.
Leading busy and active lives sometimes prevents us from taking care of ourselves and we often forget or cannot manage to get the necessary nutrients and vitamins in our organism. This is why supplements are very important and help us manage our daily routines.
We hope our guide will narrow down your search for the best magnesium supplements in the United Kingdom. They hold great benefits for our well-being, and you should make an educated decision about this, so read our article carefully, and you will surely find the product that will suit you.
- HIGH BIOAVIALABLE MAGNESIUM - Each daily serving of 2 daily capsules provides 250mg of Magnesium Glycinate. Each bottle contains 90 capsules
- MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE - Magnesium is an essential mineral and electrolyte that we must obtain from our diet. Magnesium Glycinate (also called Magnesium...
- CHOOSING THE RIGHT SUPPLEMENT - Our Magnesium Glycinate is gluten, dairy and allergen free and suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- MADE IN THE UK IN ISO LICENSED FACILITIES. All our products are made up from premium ingredients and manufactured in ISO Licensed facilities. They are...
- WELCOME TO THE MINDFUL MOVEMENT - Mindful Matter was born on the idea that we can consciously and purposely improve the overall quality of our lives...
- ✔ WHY NUTRAVITA’S MAGNESIUM CITRATE? – Our high potency and excellent absorption formula contains 1480mg Magnesium Citrate per daily serving (2...
- ✔ WHY TAKE MAGNESIUM? – Magnesium is also called ""the mighty mineral"" because the cells in our body depends on magnesium in regulating...
- ✔ HOW DOES MAGNESIUM HELP ATHLETES, RUNNERS, AND DURING EXERCISE? – The role of magnesium especially during strenuous physical activities of...
- ✔︎ 3RD PARTY LAB TESTED - Unlike many supplements, we haven't spared any expense on quality. Each ingredient is quality tested before the...
- ✔ WHAT IS THE STORY BEHIND NUTRAVITA? - Nutravita is a recognised and trusted Vitamins & Supplements brand providing thousands of customers across...
- ✔ WHY DO I NEED TO TAKE MAGNESIUM CAPSULES: Magnesium is also called “The Mighty Mineral” as it is required by many organs in our bodies and is...
- ✔ HOW DOES MAGNESIUM HELP ATHLETES AND RUNNERS DURING EXERCISE: The role of magnesium becomes more important for athletes, runners and for people...
- ✔ HIGH STRENGTH: Our magnesium capsules are supplied with no fillers or bulking agents and deliver 1480mg of Magnesium Citrate per serving (2...
- ✔︎ FORMULATED BY PROFESSIONALS & MADE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM: Vegan, non-GMO, gluten free, wheat free, lactose free, halal. Our supplements are...
- ✔ ESTABLISHED FOR OVER 10 YEARS: As a family run business, we pride ourselves on integrity, quality & honesty. We’ve quickly become one of the...
- ✔ MAXIMUM POTENCY - Our Magnesium Citrate, is a High Potency Magnesium Supplement which delivers 1480mg of Magnesium per serving, providing you with...
- ✔ MAGNESIUM HEALTH BENEFITS - As approved by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) | Magnesium Contributes to: The Reduction of Tiredness and...
- ✔ NON GMO, VEGAN FRIENDLY & UK MADE - Non GMO and Suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians. No Artificial Flavours, Colours, Preservatives or Sweeteners....
- ✔ CUSTOMER CARE & SUPPORT - We are dedicated to not only providing you with premium nutritional supplements derived from the purest sourced...
- ✔ BUY WITH CONFIDENCE - We are committed in offering you only the highest quality products, expertly formulated. All our products are made and...
- ★ Complete magnesium l-threonate complex ★ MagEnhance's triple-strength magnesium capsules contribute to a lot of beneficial functions such as...
- ★ Designed by scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) ★ Magnesium-L-Threonate was designed at MIT to successfully cross the...
- ★ Also with magnesium glycinate and magnesium taurate ★ Our chelated magnesium is designed to help every system in the body. Magnesium glycinate...
- ★ Easily absorbable with the lowest chance of side effects ★ Our magnesium comes in easy to swallow magnesium capsules not hard to take magnesium...
- UPDATED FORMULA: 35% more magnesium per serving of 2 tablets. Delivers a meaningful dose of 262mg elemental magnesium from 2000mg bulk. For optimal...
- ADVANCED TRIPLE ACTION MAGNESIUM BLEND: most magnesium supplements use a single form which reaches saturation fast. We combine 3 fully reacted forms...
- FULLY REACTED FORMULA: magnesium that is fully reacted is chemically bound to its carriers as opposed to supplements containing buffered or blended...
- GENTLE ON THE STOMACH: unlike blended magnesium forms that contain magnesium oxide, fully reacted magnesium citrate does not have a laxative effect....
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans No dairy, gluten, lactose, soya, yeast Halal and kosher Manufactured in the UK to GMP standards
- HIGHLY BIOAVAILABLE - LLS Magnesium Bisglycinate (Glycinate) is Magnesium bound with Glycine, a Non-Essential Amino Acid (Chelated). This "Chelation"...
- BOOST DEFICIENCY - Magnesium is the second most abundant mineral inside our cells and the second most common deficiency. LLS Magnesium Bisglycinate...
- REDUCES MUSCLE ACHES/SPASMS & IMPROVES SLEEP - Magnesium is involved with 300 biomechanical processes in the body. It can contribute to normal muscle...
- CLEAN AND UK MADE - We try to keep our supplements as clean as possible and Magnesium Bisglycinate is no exception. We keep added flow agents, fillers...
- ABSOLUTELY ZERO RISK - 60 DAY 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! We are so confident that you will find benefit in our high quality Magnesium, we are offering...
- Most MAGNESIUM SUPPLEMENTS for women are not effective. Inspiriko's Pure Magnesium Glycinate is formulated in the UK using high-strength CHELATED...
- Unlike many magnesium glycinate supplements – Smarter Magnesium is GENTLE ON THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM. These High Strength Magnesium and Zinc...
- Our magnesium complex is TAILOR MADE to support your health daily, through your monthly cycle and as you age. When pure magnesium glycinate is...
- At Inspiriko, we believe in FULL TRANSPARENCY. Our natural magnesium supplement has ZERO synthetic ADDITIVES, fillers or allergens. These VEGAN...
- WE'RE DEDICATED to formulating the HIGHEST-QUALITY supplements FOR WOMEN – without questionable ingredients or misleading labels. If you aren’t...
- UNIQUE MAGNESIUM MIX: Unlike other supplements which contain 1 type of Magnesium, this vegan-friendly formula provides you with 3, each with their own...
- ANXIETY, MOOD & MIGRAINES: Magnesium has well studied benefits for those suffering from mood swings, anxiety, trembling or migraines.
- SUPPORTS MUSCLE & NERVES: Mmgnesium supports the normal function of muscles by converting food into energy. It also supports the nervous system and...
- ENERGY BOOSTING: Magnesium plays a key role in energy production and is highly recommended for those suffering from fatigue or tiredness
- 3RD PARTY TESTED: We use accredited labs to 3rd party test every one of our formulas, to ensure no unwanted metals or compounds, so you can be sure...